Author: Kevin Donoghue, CEO - Telesoft
For organizations that are considering outsourcing Telecom Expense Management functions or perhaps managing the program with internal resources, there are several variables to consider.
Benefits of Outsourcing TEM to Specialists
- Since it’s their core competency, specialists bring a range of experience and they know the best areas to improve how enterprises manage telecom expenses.
- Specialists have the resources to do the job, and can provide ongoing training to upgrade their employees’ skills.
- It may be difficult for an organization to build the business case to create and maintain a department to manage this function since it is not part of their company’s core mission.
- Specialists know where the most common billing errors can be found, and the best method for submitting claims to increase the probability of securing refunds and minimizing delays.
- Specialists have established relationships with telecom and other service providers.
- Specialists understand the internal processes and procedures for service order management, Moves, Adds, Changes, and Disconnects, and processing billing.
For many organizations, the best approach is a hybrid where some functions are outsourced and others are managed internally. This enables firms to retain employees and continue managing sensitive areas. Some core competencies can be managed internally while specialized areas that require third party expertise can be outsourced. The key with this hybrid approach is to clearly define the scope of work so both groups work seamlessly together. A true partnership requires careful coordination, but it can produce the biggest win.Tags: Managed Services, Telecom Expense Management